Thursday 12 January 2017

Play Day...

This week has been pretty stressful for the Art Foundation students that I help to teach at college... impending University interviews, deadlines, essays and the like.
I could hear myself telling them to enjoy their own artistic practice, and to keep a sense of joy in what they do.
And when I was back in my own tiny studio I realised why teaching is so important to me, because it reminds me to practice what I preach.
And so I played and flung the paint around.
I always seem to love the paper that is used as the 'table cloth' best, and things started to emerge...
Just little things, but small beginnings none the less.
I've no idea where this is going, but isn't that half the fun?
X

4 comments:

  1. That's probably all the fun - the excitement of surprise,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to remind myself of this every now and then when I get a bit uptight about my work! X

      Delete
  2. I like your paint covered hands !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always feel as though ive spent my day wisely if my hands look like that! X

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?