Monday 1 February 2016

Meanwhile...


Something very exciting has happened in Scunthorpe...
Meanwhile is a new vintage, art and designer/ makers' shop has opened and it is fab!
Here is Hayley, of Pigeon Vintage fame at the grand opening.
There was lots of temptation, (I might have accidentally purchased the spooky Angel photo!)
There is a wide range of exciting treasures and upcycled pieces by a wonderful community of talented folk, including OOPS (one off products,) Alfie Robot Retro, and Vagrant Art.
There was a real buzz of excitement around the place.
I was so proud of Chelsea, one of our Art Foundation students whose fabulous drawings decorated one of the walls.
She worked so professionally and created a real focal point in the shop's decor.
So, as the evening drew in and the cake was eaten, I had to tear myself away from the party....but I know I'll be back very soon to bag a bargain or three!

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is a fab place......what does IMHO mean? I'm so daft! X

      Delete
  2. This looks like my kind of shop if I was anywhere near Scunthorpe. I especially love the work that Chelsea has done to decorate the walls. It's a novel treatment and beautifully drawn. She's a skilled illustrator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Louise, Chelsea has done so well. X

      Delete
  3. Looks like an amazing shop! You have to watch those credit cards - they jump right out at the merest sigh of longing.

    The only time I was in Scunthorpe was a trip to the A&E when Mr. S cut his head open as we were snooping around a building site! I hope I can go back under more relaxed circumstances and visit Meanwhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience in Sunny Scunny!
      And as for my poor credit cards....! X

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a great place. I really love Chelsea's typewriter on the shelf. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my lordy...that's a fab shop and I can see half of it's contents would have come home with me! I'm glad you got the spooky Angel picture. It had to be done.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to show real constraint Miss Black! You would definitely love it there! X

      Delete
  6. Fun shop & brilliant artwork from Chelsea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you chuck, I was so proud of Chelsea x

      Delete

Would you like to make a comment chuck?
I'd love to hear your thoughts, just a minute and I'll put the kettle on.
Custard cream or bourbon?